Updated February 4, 2022 | BestCollegeReviews.org Staff
Discover Missouri Best Scholarships
When digging deep in your pockets doesn't unearth enough money for college in the "Cave State," enlist the help of scholarships for Missouri. Land-locked in the Midwest along the Oregon Trail and Pony Express, Missouri is America's 18th most populous state with 6.08 million residents. College students are often charmed by Missouri's four-season climate, Kansas City barbecue, farmer's markets, St. Louis Cardinals baseball games, and beautiful landmarks like Mark Twain National Forest. The "Cave State" also features 36 public colleges, 54 private institutions, and many Missouri online college programs for higher education choice. Some top-ranked 火豹电竞娱乐官方 include Missouri State University, Saint Louis University, University of Central Missouri, Truman State University, and Rockhurst University. In fact, the U.S. News ranked Washington University in St. Louis 19th nationally. Find your gateway to collegiate success with these 5 best Missouri scholarships.
Financial aid can show you affordable ways to attend college in the "Show Me State." On average, Missouri universities charge $5,237 for in-state and $15,805 for out-of-state learners. Several private colleges tip the scales further. For instance, William Jewell College has a total annual cost of attendance at $42,490! Don't be skeptical though because free scholarships are available to reduce the financial burden. Along with these 5 scholarships for Missouri, check out state-based programs like the Access Missouri Grant or Public Service Officer Survivor Grant.
Know of a scholarship available specifically for Missouri students that we missed? Contact us .
Featured Online Programs
Find a program that meets your affordability, flexibility, and education needs through an accredited, online school.
The Missouri Department of Higher Education created the Marguerite Ross Barnett Memorial Scholarship to gift need-based funding to working students studying part-time. Legal U.S. citizens or residents aged 18 or older could qualify depending on their EFC. Participating 火豹电竞娱乐官方 include Avila University, Jefferson College, Lindenwood University, and Texas County Technical College. Submit the FAFSA form and employment verification form before August 1st to apply.
- Register for 6-11 credit hours of higher education in Missouri
- Be employed and paid for at least 20 hours weekly
- Pursue their first bachelor’s degree, not in theology or divinity
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better each semester
The National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE) manages eight merit-based funds, including the William R. Kimel, P.E., Engineering Scholarship for $2,500. This program suits U.S. citizens in the Midwest who intend to become Professional Engineers in diverse specialties from civil to computer and aeronautical. Applications must arrive by December 1st with a transcript, resume, 500-word engineering goals essay, and two recommendations. Missourians could also pursue the $5,000 Steinman Scholarship.
- Permanently reside in Kansas or Missouri
- Be rising juniors in bachelor’s programs for engineering
- Attend ABET-accredited universities full-time
- Have engineering experience in internships/co-ops
Launched in 2010, the Purdy Emerging Leaders Scholarship grants $2,000 to $5,000 yearly from the Missouri Scholarship & Loan Foundation (MSLF) in Allan Walker Purdy’s honor. It’s intended for graduating high school seniors in-state who display strong academics, leadership skills, work ethic, and financial need. Until June 15th, candidates can use the Scholarship Central account to upload a transcript, recommendations, and five short answer responses.
- Be classified as full-time college sophomores, juniors, or seniors
- Attend Missouri public four-year or state technical colleges
- Make satisfactory academic progress with a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Have verifiable unmet need on the Student Aid Report (SAR)
The Missouri Bankers Association (MBA) started its Foundation in 1985 to award nine yearly scholarships for $1,000 apiece to the banking industry’s next generation of leaders. The Willis W. Alexander Scholarship focuses on students from Regions 3-7, including the Capitol. Meanwhile, the John W. Rogers Memorial Scholarship assists students entering the University of Missouri-Columbia. Applications must be returned by March 10th with a MBA member’s signature.
- Be graduating seniors at public or private Missouri high 火豹电竞娱乐官方
- Intend to enroll full-time at accredited business colleges in-state
- Select banking-related majors like finance, accounting, or economics
- Have completed the EverFi Financial Literacy program
Based in St. Louis, the Society of Mayflower Descendants in the State of Missouri offers three scholarships per year for $1,500, $1,000, and $500 each. Preference is given to students whose ancestors were passengers aboard the Mayflower in Plymouth, Massachusetts. To apply, send a birth certificate copy, one-page goals statement, transcript, 750-word essay on “The Contributions of Women Pilgrims,” and two letters of recommendation.
- Be United States citizens residing in Missouri
- Enter an accredited higher learning institution this Fall
- Graduate high school with a minimum 2.0 GPA
- Attend the Missouri Mayflower Society Spring Luncheon