Updated October 29, 2021 | BestCollegeReviews.org Staff
Discover Maine Best Scholarships
Casting a net for scholarships for Maine Colleges online or in person can help permanent residents of "Vacationland" get their claws on free tuition money. Located in northern New England as the 41st most populous state, Maine is inhabited by over 1.32 million people. College students may be attracted to Maine's small-town atmosphere, superb seafood, Atlantic beaches, and beautiful landmarks like Acadia National Park. Mainers also choose from 28 diverse 火豹电竞娱乐官方, including Husson University, Bowdoin College, Maine College of Art, Bangor Theological Seminary, and Saint Joseph's College. In fact, the University of Maine in Orono was ranked America's 99th top public school by the USNWR. From the Down East to the Southern Coast, these Maine scholarships can keep you from sinking in loan debt.
The Calumet Educational & Literary Foundation, Inc. started the Albert “Pete” Gagne Memorial Scholarship for $1,300 to honor the late president of Gagne & Son Concrete Blocks. It gives preference to Augusta teens who are the sons or daughters of company employees and Le Club Calumet members. Until April 15th, applicants can submit their Student Aid Report, transcript, personal statement, and recommendation letter to P.O. Box 2085.
- Be graduating seniors at Cony or Messalonskee High Schools
- Gain admission at accredited post-secondary 火豹电竞娱乐官方
- Display scholastic achievement with a minimum “C” average
- Have unmet financial need for college tuition
Established in 1930, the Garden Club Federation of Maine (GCFM) endows scholarships for $1,000 to $4,000 each to support future gardening professionals. Funding helps bachelor’s and master’s students afford tuition in select majors, including horticulture, landscape design, botany, forestry, ecology, and land conservation. Every other year, the Mary Lou Marks Smith Scholarship is awarded for community college students too. Paper applications must be received before February 1st.
- Be college juniors, seniors, or fifth-year students
- Legally reside in the State of Maine
- Show commitment to preserving the Earth’s resources
- Not be related to GCFM Board Members
Valued at $1,200, the Lemieux-Lovejoy Youth Scholarship is awarded by the Futurama Foundation to member two Augusta BPW leaders, Rachel E. Lemieux and Arline Andrews Lovejoy. From January 1st through April 13th, female high schoolers can apply by submitting an application form, transcript, college acceptance letter, and hand-signed statement. Older Mainers could obtain the Jeanne L. Hammond Memorial Scholarship or Webber Group Career Advancement Scholarship.
- Live within Maine for at least 12 months
- Enroll as full-time freshmen at accredited, in-state colleges
- Present realistic educational plans
- Exhibit need for financial assistance
Located in Pittsfield, the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) Maine Section bestows a $2,000 scholarship yearly to assist tomorrow’s construction experts. The non-renewable program selects young civil engineers based on academic merit, extracurricular involvement, and professional dedication rather than need. Before January 31st, submit the application via the Finance Authority of Maine (FAME).
- Graduate from a public or private Maine high school
- Matriculate in an ABET-accredited bachelor’s in engineering program
- Study full-time with at least 12 semester credits
- Exhibit engineering promise with a major GPA above 2.5
At the University of Southern Maine in Portland, the Hagge Family Scholarship has been awarded since 2012 for varying amounts with an endowment from alumni Cyrus and Patricia Hagge. Students within the College of Science, Technology, and Health must log onto the online scholarship portal before January 30th to apply. Other USM funding opportunities include the FIRST Robotics Scholarship and Mountains to the Sea Scholarship.
- Be permanent U.S. residents of Maine
- Enroll full-time (12+ credits) for a bachelor’s degree
- Select a STEM major, such as biotechnology, mechanical engineering, or physics
- Have academic promise with a minimum “B” average
Affording steepening college tuition can feel as arduous as climbing Mount Katahdin. Maine universities charge an average price of $6,367 for in-state and $20,102 for out-of-state residents. Costs can rise significantly higher at private 火豹电竞娱乐官方 though. For example, Bates College in Lewiston has a total annual cost of attendance of $66,550! Free financial aid can make your degree investment more worthwhile by cutting down costs like a lumberjack. Along with these 5 scholarships for Maine, check out the NextGen Student Grant and State of Maine Grant Program.
Know of a scholarship available specifically for Maine students that we missed? Contact us .